Russell E. Moore is a Partner in the Buhl, Alabama office of The Arbitrage Group, Inc. Russ is responsible for the Verification Practice of The Group. In this capacity, his responsibilities consist of:
- Implementation and development of The Group’s Verification Practice;
- Performing calculations to prove the feasibility of bond issues;
- Structuring various types of bond issues for issuers/borrowers;
- Creating models to solve complex and unusual bond verification problems;
- Working closely with industry professionals to solve financing problems and ensure smooth and efficient transactions;
- Performing technical review on verification reports;
- Review arbitrage regulations and implementation of verification process updates; and
- Supervision and training of the arbitrage verification specialists.
Prior to joining The Group, Russ was a Senior Manager in the National Arbitrage Practice of KPMG Peat Marwick LLP. His experience was concentrated in the preparation and review of verification computations. He served in this capacity for over two years.
Prior to joining KPMG, Russ was a Manager with the Capital Markets Group of Ernst & Young LLP. While in that position, Russ served as project manager on over 2,500 transactions including advance refundings, crossover refundings, arbitrage rebate calculations, escrow restructurings and defeasances.
His clients include major investment banks, financial advisors, underwriters, bond attorneys, tax attorneys, trustees and municipalities throughout the United States. Russ has conducted seminars on advance refunding topics for banking professionals and lawyers.
Russ received a Bachelor of Science degree in Corporate Finance and Investment Management with a minor in Marketing from the University of Alabama.