Full Range of Services
The Verification Practice of The Arbitrage Group, Inc. provides our clients with a full range of mathematical verification services relating to arbitrage. The members of the Verification Practice have received specialized industry training, use modern computer technology to enhance service delivery capabilities, maintain a current working knowledge of the Income Tax regulatory requirements, and are committed to timely delivering quality services to our clients.
The goals of the Verification Practice are to ensure compliance with the Internal Revenue Code and underlying Income Tax Regulations in relation to arbitrage requirements as well as to maintain client satisfaction for each verification engagement. The Group’s Verification Practice represents clients nationally.
Our specialized training and experience enables us to handle a wide variety of complex mathematical calculations relating to arbitrage such as the allocation of multipurpose issues, transferred proceeds computations, combined yield calculations, callable premium bond calculations, deep discount bond calculations, and escrows allocated to different sources of funds.
Scope of Verification Services
As members of The Arbitrage Group, Inc., the following services have been provided for thousands of engagements:
- Calculation of debt service requirements for refunded bonds;
- Calculation of receipts from certain United States Government Securities or Open-market Securities that will be purchased with a portion of the refunding proceeds (“Refunding Escrow Securities”);
- Calculation of the sufficiency of the receipts from the Refunding Escrow Securities to pay refunded debt service requirements;
- Calculation of the yield for fixed or variable rate refunding bonds;
- Calculation of the investment yield of the Refunding Escrow Securities;
- Calculation of transferred proceeds adjustments or multipurpose allocations;
- Calculation of callable premium adjustments;
- Calculation of deep discount adjustments;
- Review of closing documents associated with refunded obligations;
- Review of the closing documents associated with the new refunding obligations.
Group Management Team
The Verification Practice is managed by Russell E. Moore and Laura D. Figueroa. We offer quality services with a personal touch at very competitive rates. Please contact us to request a complimentary fee quote or to answer questions you may have.